Monday, November 06, 2006

Aruba Pumpkin and Beef Soup

I would provide the link to the recipe I used but realised that I completely changed it and the soup ended up nothing like the way it was intended. It was so good though, I decided to note what I did down.

Serves 2-3

1 or 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
1 leef, finely chopped
1 pint beef stock
300g pumpkin puree, unsweetened
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp chilli sauce (I like Enconca West Indian Original Hot Pepper Sauce)
100g beef, cubed (great for using left over meat from the roast)

1. Saute finely chopped leek and celery in oil in a covered saucepan until soft but not coloured.

2. Add beef stock, pumpkin puree, thyme and chilli sauce and bring to a boil, immediately turn down to a simmer.

3. Add cubed beef and leave for 5 minutes so the beef is heated through.

4. Serve with warm crusty bread, if you want any left over for your lunch at work tomorrow hide the remains before your soup addict husband finds it.

No comments: