Friday, October 20, 2006

Pumpkinland


The pumpkin harvest has been brought in and its been sitting on my kitchen floor. I have two pumpkins of the above size and a box of assorted smaller squash. Much as I like pumpkin soup my heart falls of the thought of hauling one of these beasts up on to my work surface and proceeding to hack it up with a knife. I also have to find room for the leftover squash in my freezer and before that, I have to process it into a freezable state.

So what to cook with this haul? First thoughts are:
  • Pumpkin Ravioli
  • Pumpkin Pie
  • Pumpkin Cheesecake
  • Pumpkin Soup
  • Pumpkin Curry
  • Pumpkin Cake
  • Pumpkin Crumble
  • Pumpkin + Pasta
  • Pumpkin Casserole
  • Pumpkin Cake
  • Pumpkin Risotto
I wonder whether I will run out of ideas before I run out? Hmmm a challenge. Whilst a month of pumpkin recipes cooked would be fun, I think I would start receiving complaints from M. Anyway I'm going for 30 dishes before Christmas.

1 comment:

Fat Bird Does Exercise said...

And how long was it on the kitchen floor for???!!